Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Life

Hello.

I am still alive!

I get a second chance at my life now. Two weeks ago, the doctor came in to my hospital room and said, "you need urgent brain surgery". Ten days later, they had removed a significant tumour from my brain. Today, I am almost ready to go again! In fact, if I I had my sunnies, I would consider going out for dinner in an hour or two. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but it just shows how quickly I feel I have recovered.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have shown care and prayed for me over these last couple of weeks. I have no doubt whatsoever that I would not be in such a great condition if you hadn't said your two cents worth! I know that some have given two thousand dollars worth, and some two cents worth, but that doesn't matter one single bit to me! Maybe it was the one short prayer from the innocent three year old that made all the difference? God doesn't care about quantity like we do! We make a big deal about our impressive shows of ability and wealth, and He couldn't care less about those things!

I even went outside today and did a bit of weeding.

My attitude would have impressed Him, probably not my weeding skills though, to be honest!

But that doesn't matter. Coz He loves me more than I could ever understand.

And He loves you more than you could ever understand. There's no need to impress Him anymore!

He's already incredibly impressed. Even more than that. Even more than that again...

And so on...


Time to rest, now that I finally understand that.

2 comments:

  1. Mate, so good to 'hear' your voice!

    Just make sure you follow the Doctor's instructions - they know their stuff (I know you already follow God's instructions!!)

    Day by day brother!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you were having surgery and that you have recovered all at the same time - really glad to hear you are ok.
    Our daughter in law has a brain tumour too - inoperable and slow growing -
    good to see you are keeping positive and wishing you all the best for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete