Monday, August 1, 2011

Sprinkler

I had a bit of a prophetic word on the weekend. Christians would probably know what that means. For the rest of you, I will quickly try to explain what that means!in completely unreligious language! It's a bit like getting a picture, or a phrase, or a sense of something a bit deeper, in your mind, or heart or somewhere! that is often God trying to speak to you, or someone else around you. It's not kooky new age crystal ball rubbish, but it is an attempt by someone or something bigger than us, which we don't really understand, which Christians and many other people, would call "God", trying to tell us something, which will help us in our life. Anyone can get them, and some people get more than others. You just have to be open to listening to them. Usually, when I remember, I just say something like, "God, if there's anything you want to show me, or tell me, or maybe use me to tell someone else something, can you tell me? I don't fully understand everything, but I will try to do my best, and leave all the rest up to you!" (that's called praying, by the way ;))

This picture came into my head while I was playing drums at a church meeting on Friday night, and I did't get the chance to share it, coz I was obviously busy!

So I usually get pictures of random things, that don't seem make any sense. Some people get words, some people get feelings etc, we are all different... This was of a small, round, common garden sprinkler. It was connected to a hose, and sitting out on a sparsely covered back lawn. There was no water coming out of it, and the grass around it was dead or dying. Then suddenly, it turned on and started firing water out in a circular radius around it and instantly, the grass grew up thick and green!

The thought that accompanied this picture was, "see what happens when you are plugged in to me and you let me use you how I have designed you to be used. Everyone around you grows if you just be yourself and let my living water flow through you. It's not for your benefit, it's for the benefit of everyone around you that you let me use you how I want to. People around you will miss their destiny and not fulfill their potential because you are not setting them free! What are you afraid of?"

I love getting stuff like this! It has nothing to do with me, any more than someone buying you a present has to do with you. The only thing that you had to do was to be given it and then use it, or whatever...

So I believe I was given this, and it's no big deal, because if we read believe in God, all of us should be getting stuff like this fairly regularly I would say... It's not weird. It's completely normal. Just don't be a spiritual,religious fruitcake! Thats stupid and embarrassing for everyone involved. Just be real!

So hopefully this word is for you, or for someone you know, and I hope it makes a difference too!

If you ever get prophetic words, I'd love to hear them! It can be really encouraging.

Also, come along to La Vida this weekend, for a couple of days learning about and experiencing more of this kind of stuff, with David and Greta Peters. Message me if you're keen, coz registering ASAP is important.

Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment