Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mmm, feels good...

OK, life lesson time:

Just made a call to WINZ. Was the rudest call centre service that I have ever received. I got of the phone shaking and angry! If you know me, I don't get angry often!

Time to make a choice.

I decided to do MYSELF a favour and forgive her. If you don't forgive someone, it's like swallowing poison and expecting them to die. It's stupid!

(OH THERE HE GOES AGAIN, TALKING ABOUT HIS RELIGIOUS CRAP. YAWN. WELL PLEASE HANG IN THERE. I HANG IN THERE WITH ALL OF YOUR ATHEIST, NEW AGE, ALCOHOLIC... STATUS UPDATES ;) I even prayed for her real quick. Now I feel OK again. God's my Vindicator. He saw what happened! He can fight my battles for injustices, (and the way she treated me was completely unfair!) I just tell him and then carry on on being happy. Was tough to learn this habit, but man! Once you do! Talk about inner peace!

Part of the reason there are so many angry people around is that they CHOOSE not to believe in or trust God, so they try and do his job for him....Good luck! That's way too hard for me. It takes most of your enjoyment out of life, and you have to get drunk, or do drugs to try and feel happy again. I know, I used to live that way too! But I found a way better way! In the bible, God says 'taste and see that I am good!' sadly many people sit on the sideline, going on about how dumb church is and how they don't believe in God without even knowing anything about it!

Well newsflash!

Thousands of people around you go to church and believe in God, but we aren't all the best at sharing that. In fact most of us hide it a bit. We get a bit embarrassed or whatever, coz it's not 'cool' or glamourous on tv, and certainly we are portrayed as a bit weird in mainstream media. In our western culture, certainly NZ, it's ok to believe in whatever you want, because everyone is right (is that logical?) anyway! Ha! And as long as you don't talk about it publically! You can do what you want.

I certainly didn't change my old habits overnight! I'm still far from perfect! But that stuffs not what it's about anyway. You just find after a while that it's just boring! But my real friends, who just love me for who I am, are still around! Remember, going to church is fun and good for you, but really means nothing if you don't pray and trust God for what he did at the first Easter. Easter means freedom. REAL FREEDOM! Not the type of 'freedom' our culture tells us we have. That's just enslavement to our desires. Following them around, doing whatever feels good! They warn us that if you don't do what I want you to do, you will miss out, and feel bad! When we base our lives on feeling good, we will miss out. When we say 'I don't care how I feel, I just want to do what's best, all of a sudden we may feel pretty good! But even if we don't, we should tell our feelings how to feel, they aren't my boss!

You know that song 'fight the feeling?'... I don't ... Is there a song called that? Haha anyway, that's what we have to do. They will get in line and do as they're told, but they just take a little more time than we are prepared to give them. But it happens after a short time, maybe a few days, or weeks, but if you aren't prepared to be a little bit uncomfortable, you'll never get anywhere! Like training for a marathon! I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy that! But winning it?! That'd be sweet! Climbing Everest? I would hate that! But standing on the top? What a high! Wa wa wa ...

Short term pain for long term gain. Please don't just do what feels good! You're better than that! Life can be far more than you imagine if you just choose to do a few things you don't really feel like doing, but you know are the right thing to do. Hey, if it's too hard, there's this Guy who is all powerful and all knowing and omnipresent, who can help you if you want!

I've got visitors, sorry for the rushed finish! Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment