Monday, September 20, 2010

I Wish I Had A Girl Arm

Monday night. Indoor soccer night. I love playing indoor footy.

But tonight, disaster struck. I turned up to play and there was only five minutes of the game to go! I was extremely late! I had checked my season draw and read the wrong time. I was gutted. So I ran on and played those five minutes, but it just didn't cut it.

Let me fill you in on the source of my confusion.

That inconsiderate earthquake had caused the building that I play in to be closed for a week. This caused the draw to be mixed up. A new draw was produced and distributed. The original draw was now wrong and the new draw was right. I had the wrong draw. According to MY draw, I turned up on time. According to the (new) REAL draw. I was late.

Life's like this. If we do things when we want to, according to OUR plan, to OUR timetable, then we will miss out in the game of life. We may turn up late. Or too early. And wonder why life is unfair and nothing good ever happens. We miss out on the action because, instead of going with the real timetable, we blindly go ahead in our self-deceived state, hoping things will work the way we want.

The only way to get in on the action is to accept that there is a bigger, REAL timetable that is often different from OUR timetable. In other words, God's timing is different from our timing. The world doesn't revolve around us and follow our desires. We are not God!

The choice is simple, although never easy to make. Relax, be patient and do things in God's timing, OR make God do things in YOUR timing...

There's only ever gonna be one person who wins that arm wrestle! And the funny thing is that if you let yourself lose, you are actually winning, because God is on your side, working it all out for you anyway! Just in an infinitely better way...

If I had turned up at the REAL time, I may have scored several goals and had an amazing game, but coz I turned up at MY time, I only saw a glimpse of what might have been. I don't want my life to be like that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment