Monday, October 26, 2009

Beached As

I find it to be quite ironic. Australians mocking our accent by using a beached whale. "I'm beached as bro". There's two reasons why I find this to be ironic. Firstly, there is the famous Australian beach culture. Secondly, last time I checked the fat country index, Australia was listed as the most obese country in the world. behind old Uncle Spam. So putting those two points together, I think that there would be a much higher chance of finding a beached whale in Australia, than anywhere else in the world. I might add that on my recent trip to Sudney, I stayed well clear of the beach to avoid being harrassed by Greenpeace.

My beached whale analogy follows closely with the joke: Your mum's so fat that every time she goes to the beach, Greenpeace turns up, pours water on her and tries to refloat her in the ocean. But i'm sure you intuitives would have already got that and will be rolling your eyes and groaning at the pain of a joke having to be explained. However, Sensates are people too;)

As NZers, we need to plot our revenge. I suggest using a NZ icon to mock the Australian accent. Possibly a sheep, or a talking pavlova. However, looking at Australian beaches, it's pretty obvious who has the love affair with pavlovas...

My suggestion would be: Shaun the Sheep stars in "Crikey, I'm Fat As a Galah Mayte". "Bast gat uf tha paav mayte, staat doen some langths aat tha pooooel".

1 comment:

  1. If only this blog was available in audio, so I could experience the elegance and beauty of your immensely superior accent!
    And I'm sorry that you feel so threatened by our big, beautiful country. We mean you no harm, little kiwis, you guys are kind of cute, really hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete