Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kill Me Now

I am sick to death of the media informing me almost daily of the latest thing that will kill me or cause cancer or deform my brain cells to the point where I would even support the "anti-smacking bill". I have done my own research and found out that the most dangerous thing on earth that kills people at an unprecedented rate is the actual act of "living" Last time I checked, it had a 100% fatality rate. living kills me. Oh dear! Should I refrain from living then? Burnt toast kills me, smoking kills me, cell phones kill me and blow up petrol stations, driving kills me, other people kills me. I'd better hurry up and die before something kills me!

There is a constant stream of the latest killers parading through our headlines. Go to the Middle-east, you will die. Swine flu will kill you!!! That's if Bird Flu and microwave radiation don't get you first. This topic is very close to my heart as The Y2K bug took out several members of my own family. They were crushed under a falling stockpile of food and water. In the news today I was informed that sex, alcohol and fat will kill me. Cool! So what you are telling me is that the building blocks of our western society itself will kill me. I don't want to get out of bed. Air pollution will kill me, the sea will soon rise and flood my city, and don't get me started on meteors. They killed all of those nice dinosaurs don't you know!

Hey I know! What about something good? Is there anything in this world that isn't an inherently evil, relentless, psychopathic killer? I have found that there are plenty of things that one can enjoy in life, you just have to remember that the news is not actually true! The world is not as bad as we are told it is! There is sometimes about as much truth in the News as there is in so called "reality tv". So if I were you, I would go right ahead and leave that Glad Wrap on your food as you reheat it in the microwave, because fear is the opposite of faith and is no good for anyone.

So stop watching the news and get on with living. Wait that's bad advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment