Monday, November 9, 2009

Real Men Watch Rugby

I reckon if I lived in a flat full of guys and they didn't want sky sport, then it would be highly likely that while I was watching Dan Carter kick the Wobbalies off the park, they would be spending their their time organising a trip to the Sydney Mardis Gras. I will come out and say it. If you are a male and you don't like watching sport then you have a gender identity problem. I don't care which sport, although a male who likes netball could possibly miss the man-boat. I wonder who will bite on this one. hehe

I have absolutely no problem with sensitive guys. It is a great quality. But if your man button is not pushed by watching an afternoon of warfare on the pitch then I think you may have bought into the lie that being a man is wrong. Oh it's an easy one to believe in our post-feminist culture which openly demands gender equality on the surface, while underneath, preaches that "Men are the root of all evil and the world would be better off without them". While I give credit to those females who are able to read this, a world without men would mean no reproduction and would be gone in one generation! No more people anywhere. No females... No males... If that isn't gender equality then I don't know what is! We're all dead! I see a flaw in your plan, but sadly, guys who don't like watching sports have been hoodwinked by your deceitful eyelash flashing.

If I denounce ManSport watching and placate the inferior gender, I unwittingly become one of them. Possibly even physically. So this is a call to all men out there, (I'm hopeful that you know who you are). It's time to decide. Man or nothing. Bite the bullet and choose to be who God created you to be. Grab the remote and turn over from Project Runway to the rugby. Just because it's crap and American and bad for your entire being, doesn't mean it is good for you... Rugby will make you feel good and your life will be far better. Your language and confidence will suddenly become far more attractive to everyone. Drop the cynical attitude, like the Kiwis drop an up 'n' under, and embrace yourself as a strong, powerful man. Although real men don't hug so it will have to be a metaphorical embrace.

xxx ooo

No comments:

Post a Comment